In this gallery, I invite you to peruse photography from across the green valleys and snow-capped mountains of Grand County. All images in these pages are available for both licensing and as prints.
Grand County runs from Berthoud Pass west to Kremmling and north to Grand Lake. The sub-galleries in this gallery are some of my favorite locations, and include:
- Berthoud Pass - The Continental Divide runs along the Ridgeline as Highway 40 rises from Empire, ultimately reaching 11,307', before winding back down Winter Park and the Fraser Valley. Along the winding highway on both the east and west sides of Berthoud Pass, numerous hiking trails sneak off into the forest and follow streams up to the melting snows. In summertime, wildflowers line these melt-water streams in a burst of vibrant color.
- Winter Park - A favorite ski resort of locals from Denver, Winter Park offers miles of trails and thousands of vertical feet for those who enjoy skiing. I prefer the summer times, when the trails open for hiking and exploring. Wildflowers are plentiful and festivals keep the town hopping on weekends.
- Grand Lake Area - Three lakes rest along Highway 34 as it heads north from Hwy 40 to Grand Lake and into Rocky Mountain National Park. Lake Granby is the southernmost lake, followed by Shadow Mountain Lake, and then Grand Lake. The town of Grand Lake sits on the shores of the northern most lake and is another quaint tourist village that serves as a jumping off point for adventures in Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Autumn Colors in Grand County - This collection presents the golds and oranges of Aspen trees as they show off their vibrance each September and October.
- Grand County in Black and White - This sub-gallery offers a different perspective from Grand County and the Fraser Valley - a group of images in black and white.
- The Beauty of Grand County - This sub-gallery contains some of my favorites from around Grand County. Autumn colors and beautiful sunrises are highlights of this gallery, from Berthoud Pass and Rollins Pass to Winter Park to Grand Lake.